Subject: Re: [Leica] M6-Film transport/Rewind Problems
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:10:32 -0700

 Denis writes:

> > Reinstalled the film and took the pictures - or so I thought - the film had
> > never transported! I felt the 'release' from the take up spool as soon as I
> > started the rewind. >>

Hi Denis,

As Johnny Brownlow says, "Loading an M6 is virtually a no brainer." Well
he's absolutely correct! However, there is a very simple, easy no
brainer help thing to make it an even easier no-brainer, providing you
can make a couple of tiny folds in the film leader.

Look at diagram:

_______/\_/\_  film leader with two small crimps at leader end.

drop this into the camera with the two crimps inside the take up spool,
put base plate on and BINGO! Your on your way to an almost fool proof
make sure the film sprocket holes should be in the teeth of the
advancing spool! And you can see and feel that.

And most importantly the following:

1/  always watch the rewind handle turn when advancing the first few frames.

2/  always turn the re-wind handle in the direction of rewinding to make
sure the film is held firmly in the take up spool.

There you are me old son, Bob's yer uncle, loaded and ready to shoot
away with nary a miss! ;-)

You welcome!
ted