Subject: Re: [Leica] cc filters for multigrade paper <OT>
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:50:26 -0600

Jim,

Omega-Satter publishes a datasheet with their Forte Polygrade V Elegance
FB and here's what they have to say:

Most colorheads fall into two groups: dichroic filters that match Kodak
specifications or Durst specifications.

Kodak: Omega, Chromega, De Vere, Beseler, Saunders
Durst: Durst, Kaiser, Leitz, Dunco

Grade	Kodak	Durst
00	160Y	N/A
0	130Y	145Y
1	80Y	90Y
2	25Y	25Y
3	10M	No filter
4	80M	90M
5	130M	150M

Also, a few months ago, View Camera Magazine (look for John Malkovich as
Satan) had an Omega enlarger article which suggested 2-filter combos to
try also. I did the associated modification (turn the Cyan filter into
an ND in order so I could dial in exposure compensation rather than
change exposure times) and I find it works pretty well until I get past
Grade 3.5 when the ND settings no longer seem accurate. I don't know if
the layers in my MG papers simply have differing speeds, if I'm running
into reciprocity effects (my usual exposure time is around 35 seconds)
or the article just contains some typos.

Jeff Segawa
no archive

Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] cc filters for multigrade paper <OT>)