Subject: [Leica] FS: brand-new black M6TTL 0.85
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 17:53:47 -0400

Why, you might ask, would I be selling a shiny new camera instead of
simply not having bought it?

Perhaps you'll recall my whining on the list about a new M6TTL whose
rangefinder was out-of-whack (although only dramatically noticeable with
the 135/3.4) and which sucked batteries dry like a dockyard... well, it
had a power consumption problem.  I sent it in Leica for repair, and
waited.  And waited.  Finally, I got a note to the effect that they'd be
replacing the camera with a whole new one.

Now, I commend them for choosing to take this step.  And I'm guessing
that they waited until a newer, less buggy generation of camera
electronics had been fielded -- the new body has a markedly higher
serial number.  But by now (13 months after the adventure began) I
have a black-paint 0.85x M6TTL on order, and keeping this body would
be almost criminally excessive.  So, by dint of remarkable willpower,
I haven't popped this one out of the box and started using it.

Brand new.  In box.  US stock.  The only downside is that they appear
to have pulled the warranty card and registered the Passport coverage
to me before shipping -- so it'd be sort of functionally like buying a
greymarket camera for the purchaser.

I see new black M6TTL/0.85s advertised for about $2100; I figure I'd
take $1800.  I'll even pay shipping in the continental US.  (Even
better, I'll gladly deliver to a bar in NYC and buy a round of drinks).

If the transaction's handled by mail, the usual rules: you send money,
I verify that the money's money (unless you're a name familiar to me
in a good way from the LUG), I send camera, you keep same unless it
isn't as I've described it.

Who wants it?  Please reply off-list: jbm@oven.com

Replies: Reply from "res02bd8" <res02bd8@gte.net> (Re: [Leica] FS: brand-new black M6TTL 0.85)