Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh Nokeh
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 14:11:38 EDT

In a message dated 8/27/00 3:17:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
apbbeijing@yahoo.com writes:

<< I am amused by
 all the instant experts on bokeh: until the subject was introduced to the
 English speaking photo world (by Mr Mike Johnston I believe) no one had ever
 to my knowledge remarked on the unpleasant nature of their (usually cheaper)
 lens's rendition of the out of focus areas.  >>

Similarly, before Murray Lender came along, the American market at large
didn't know what a bagel was, let alone know where to buy one.  This morning
I went to a church breakfast where bagels were the hottest item, bought at
the newest of the numerous local bagel boutiques.  The woman who had brought
them was practically awarded a medal.  Go figure...

Joe Sobel