Subject: RE: [Leica] The Future Is Now
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:03:17 -0500

>Glad you weighed in, Tina - I've been waiting for your Email address...
>
>Having stumbled along for a while with an HP PhotoSmart scanner and Epson
>750, I've about convinced the PR firm I work for as a writer - for whom I'm
>also doing photo work now - that they should spring for some serious
>scanning and printing equipment for me. I think what I'm getting is the
>SprintScan 4000 and then was thinking of the Epson 1160 with the
>Pieziography set up and continuous ink feed. Is this the way to go? I am
>doing almost all black and white work, so I assume that the Pieziography is
>the way...But is the 1160 satisfactory with that software and ink?
>
>Thanks for any insights..

BD,

If you are creating prints for publicity I do not know about using
digital outputs like this.  If they are scanned again you will get a
"moray" pattern in the scans from the pixels.  At least this is what
two different labs have told me about using digital outputs.  One
does both digital and print methods, the other is digital only, and
they say any digital output will give you pixels, no matter how
small.  When they are rescanned they give this pattern.  This was the
photoshop/digital guy who was telling me this.

- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net

Replies: Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] The Future Is Now)