Subject: [Leica] Re: kyle's lost his @#$@#$! mind - week 35
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:49:45 -0700

What I like about Kyle's photographs is the photographic quality, the use
of light and shadow, and in some cases, the composition.

What I don't like, actually detest, is the merging of a terribly troubled
soul with fine art and/or a personal portfolio.

Neither a personal portfolio nor fine art should be made, based upon the
misery of another human being.

As a documentary work, with a medical intent and "follow through,"
producing the best quality photographs of course is paramount.

But to just photograph this situation for display, as personal photographic
work, with no other end, is, to me, very wrong.

Jim