Subject: Re: [Leica] Crisis of Con$cience OT
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:03:16 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Mark,
> Just curious--who is she? I feel that even though I am out of touch with U.S. popular culture these
> days, I ought to know the "most famous woman on the surface of Planet Earth."
> Nathan
If she's so famous why have I never heard of her?
Who reads the paper any more I don't!
Generally If Courtney causally says in passing "Gee isn't tan great for Autumn"
It's usually international headlines by morning.
She is the master of the sound byte bar none!
Right now she is in the headlines because of her position on the internet music
thing as she is for it.
And is also famous for the degree in which she has reinvented herself.
Her deceased husband Kurt Cobain is the John Lennon nee Jimi Hendrix of the 90's
but if you are like me you have no idea what his music sounds like, or Courtneys
for that matter.

Grunge and Leica are not famously compatible combinations.

She has been in several films and has several CD's with her band "Hole" which
are a critical and commercial success.
If you look at a magazine rack she'll be on one of them.
Was famously pregnant on the cover of Vanity Fair and got through that.

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Love,+Courtney
Actress - filmography
1.Darker Saints (2000)
2.Julie Johnson (2000) .... Claire
3.Beat (2000) .... Joan Vollmer
4.Clara Bow: Discovering the It Girl (1999) (voice) .... Narrator
5.Man on the Moon (1999) .... Lynne Margulies
6.200 Cigarettes (1999) .... Lucy
7.Kurt & Courtney (1998) .... Herself
8.People vs. Larry Flynt, The (1996) .... Althea Leasure
9.Not Bad for a Girl (1996) .... Interviewee
10.Feeling Minnesota (1996) .... Rhonda, the waitress
11.Basquiat (1996) .... Big Pink
... aka Build a Fort, Set It on Fire (1996)
12.1991: The Year Punk Broke (1992) .... Herself
13.Tapeheads (1988)
14.Straight to Hell (1987) .... Velma
15.Sid and Nancy (1986) .... Gretchen
... aka Sid and Nancy: Love Kills (1986)

She thinks the Aspherics are worth the extra money but if you don't blow your
shots bigger than 4x6 maybe it doesn't make much difference!
Mark William Rabiner
:)

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Crisis of Con$cience OT)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] Photo Odyssey)