Subject: RE: [Leica] Bokeh vs. Nukeh
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:58:41 -0400

Johnny Deadman wrote:
[...]
> True again. I guess my point is that knowing the bokeh of a lens may make
> you more or less comfortable about using it in a particular situation. I
> would not, for example, use my Voigtlander 75/2.5 wide open unless I was
> forced to by the light, whereas I am very confident about using
> the 90/2,8,
> 50/1.4 and 35/1.4 asph Leica lenses, or my Canon 35/2.
[...]

Agreed.  And if anyone is not yet convinced that there is at least a
_perceptible_ difference in bokeh, I would encourage you to write Dan
Cardish and ask to see his latest (and _excellent_) 90 apo vs 90 te lens
test shots, especially photo 7, f2.8 @ 1200 dpi.  You may be surprised at
what you see!

Dan H.