Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod
From: "res02bd8" <res02bd8@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:49:25 -0700

I use a Gitzo 126 Sport. Yes there are a lot of twisting and turning to
extend the tripod, however like most things in life we need to make
compromises. My requirement is that I need a quality tripod that has the
flexibility for me to set it up outside on different types of terrain and
hold my equipment stable. I also need a tripod that when it was closed was
very short ( I think mine is 15 inches without the 1275 ball head).

If you use the tripod while hiking or traveling the Gitzo is great. Its
beautifully made and the 1275 head is easy to adjust so that you frame your
shot the way you want.

It would be great to have a large stable tripod on the trail if it was easy
to transport and carry to where the pictures are.  :>)

Dave Mishalof
Huntington Beach, CA