Subject: Re: OT: Nachtwey (was [Leica] Re: Personal portfolios of misery
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:58:12 EDT

Well, Bob; to a large extent it is my humble opinion. I guess the
conventional wisdom is that JM is a saint and his pictures can right the
wrongs of the world and he is the second coming of Jesus, or something.  I
see them more like the devil showing his handiwork, as in "Sympathy for the
devil." But all that is not to say he is not a great photographer. He clearly
is a great photographer. He won the top three journalism awards, all in one
year, didn't he?  Arthur