Subject: Re: OT: Nachtwey (was [Leica] Re: Personal portfolios of misery
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:46:22 -0700

My reaction as well. Imagine that! Nachtwey didn't want to go into some hot
spot with a ball and chain fastened to his ankle. As if keeping your own ass
in one piece isn't difficult enough, he'd have to look out for someone
else's, too (and I'm sure he'd feel obliged to). That, plus the trust of the
locals he's built up (absolutely necessary to work in, say, West Belfast)
would evaporate in an instant if he turned up with some jabbering scribe in
tow.

"Private experience" indeed---he just wanted to get on with his job.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.