Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 23:18:25 -0400

At 08:26 PM 9/1/00 -0700, you wrote:

>This is an interesting subject as some of us never swapped the basket
>and use the RapidWinder sans basket with no problems loading or using
>the camera and winder.  Others swear by the basket switch over and I'm
>sure you'll get a few variations as to use or not.
>
>It's worked fine for me so I work without the basket.  Others?
>
>Glad to have you along I know you'll be a solid contributor to the gang.
>  I believe you've had sometime reading the messages before this your
>first post, however, if you are inclined you might want to have a look
>at the archives if you have some quiet moments.
>
>ted
>Victoria, Canada
>http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Ditto to the welcome to Mark.
I've never used the basket on either of my Rapidwinders and have never had
a problem with them.  In fact, I have fewer miss-loads with the winders
than without - could be because I have the winders on my later serial
numbered M6's which seem to load better anyway.

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com