Subject: Vs: [Leica] Re: Meaning of Angulon, Summicron, Summaron, Summitar, Summarex?
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 19:02:26 +0200

The current 50 mm Elmar is f:2.8 and earlier versions were f:3.5. The discontinued 135 mm Elmarit was f:2.8, too - and 135 mm Tele-Elmar was f:4.0 and the famous 105 mm Mountain-Elmar only f:6.3. Thus it appears that the usage of Elmar and Elmarit names was not too consistent.
The Angulon originates from Jos. Schneider of Kreuznach and I think the name refers to wide angle of view of these lenses.
All the best!
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen