Subject: Vs: Vs: [Leica] Re: Meaning of Angulon, Summicron, Summaron, Summitar, Summarex?
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 10:25:54 +0200

Elmar was originally a name for 4 element designs with the rearmost pair cemented together but of course things change with time - I´d say the Elmars have had 3 to 5 elements and max. apertures from 2.8 to 6.3 - and the Tri-Elmar is something else again.
All the best!
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen