Subject: RE: [Leica] Black and White Film//Nachtwey//Rapidwinder
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 18:15:26 -0400

Is the purpose of using Leica cameras to get the "fullest potential of our
cameras and lenses" in a technical sense, or do we use Leica cameras because
they are the tools with which we are most able to maken the photographs we
want to make?

Is the end result of photography resolving power, or does the resolving
power of lenses allow us to eek out the most from the film we use to be able
to record the images we want to record?

Just wondering - and regularly shooting Tri-X at 800 because it allows me to
make the photographs I want to make with my Leica lenses in the kind of
light in which I am forced to make them.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "WILLIAM BUTZ" <WILLIAMBUTZ@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] Black and White Film//Nachtwey//Rapidwinder)