Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White Film//Nachtwey//Rapidwinder
From: "WILLIAM BUTZ" <WILLIAMBUTZ@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 16:51:09 -0700

I too, use my Leica with Tri-X at 800, but I also use Tech Pan for close-up
nature studies. I want a camera ,lens and developer systems that let me do
both. Coming into the photography world from the microscope world it seems
to me that the lighting systems of photo enlargers could be greatly
improved. Why spend $1000 on a high contrast,low stray light, lens and throw
all the contrast away with a cold light head? Brett Weston for many years
used a point source in his enlarger and brought out detail and texture that
he only was able to get by contact printing. My point is that there is often
much more in a Leica negative than we are seeing in our prints.