Subject: [Leica]Leica at war
From: Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 07:32:37 +0100

- --=====================_3727257==_.ALT

Whilst reading through an article on that famous photograph of the small
Vietnamese girl (Kim Phuc) running naked and burnt from her village, I came
across the following line from the photographer who took the photograph,
Nick Ut:  "Most of the photographers used Leicas and Nikon Fs" Ut
recalls.   "I used both, but for the shot with Kim I used my Leica M2 with
a 35mm lens and Tri-X film" (American Photo).   Once again, Leica there at
the thick of the action when it really mattered.

Gerry
- --=====================_3727257==_.ALT

Whilst reading through an article on that famous photograph of the small
Vietnamese girl (Kim Phuc) running naked and burnt from her village, I
came across the following line from the photographer who took the
photograph, Nick Ut:&nbsp; &quot;Most of the photographers used Leicas
and Nikon Fs&quot; Ut recalls.&nbsp;&nbsp; &quot;I used both, but for the
shot with Kim I used my Leica M2 with a 35mm lens and Tri-X film&quot;
(<i>American Photo)</i>.&nbsp;&nbsp; Once again, Leica there at the thick
of the action when it really mattered.<br>
Gerry</html>