Subject: [Leica] Re: Enlarger Recommendation
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:45:53 -0700

All this talk about the V35, a very fine enlarger, leads me once again to
defend the venerable Leitz 1C, especially the later model with gray head,
long column and white baseboard. I have used one  for years, actually bought
a V35, but ended up selling it (Alan Huntley - is it still working OK?) and
going back to the 1C. It has a Mornick color head with a 300 watt bulb,
which is what I needed for 16x20 Cibachromes.  The V35 just didn't put out
enough light for the denser transparencies that give such dramatic
Cibachrome prints.

I really liked the B&W vario head on the V35, but, for me, other
considerations brought me back to the 1C, especially when it was fitted with
the color head. I think the only thing more solidly built by Leica was the
IIC. I  worked with that beautiful enlarger daily for many months, many
years ago. Any other enlarger has to be compared ultimately to the IIC.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger

Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Enlarger Recommendation)