Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarger Recommendation
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:40:28 -0500

>I would like to buy a new enlarger for both B&W and colour prints. I really
>don't want to break the high quality chain from films taken by Leica.
>Unfortunately, The Leica V35 Focomat is discontinued.
>
>Is there any recommendation for enlargers and lenses?
>
>Thanks
>
>Terry Sham

I use the Saunders/LPL 4500II, their 4x5 enlarger.  Saunders makes a
VCCE (varriable contrast constant exposure) head that works
beautifully.  I also have the color module, I do not think I have
ever mounted this in the enlarger.  For 35mm I use an elNikkor 50
2.8, 6x6 a componon 90, and 6x7 an elNikkor 105.

I think it is a good idea to use an enlarger larger than the format
you are printing...usually with 35mm if printing ff 8x10 or less I
use the 90 lens. Also the enlargers made for larger formats are
usually larger and much more sturdy allowing less shake to get into
your printing.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net