Subject: [Leica] Milage
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 11:36:17 -0400

Tom,

Got the spark plugs replaced yesterday, along with a timing check and belt
inspection.  Also had the fuel filter replaced.  Or rather, installed, since
the mechanic discovered that there was *no* fuel filter in place.  Maybe
that would explain some of the milage figures I've been getting?  Anyway,
thought I'd spray the carb with cleaner tomorrow morning and pour some
cleaner into the fuel, before I start out for Boston.  Since I will be doing
similar style driving to the trip back from Vancouver, I should be able to
compare milage pretty much straight off.  BTW -- the feedback I've received
on The Adventures of Eric the Red are increadible!  At least half a dozen
people have independently suggested I take up writing as a profession, and I
must have had around a dozen messages from all over the globe from people
writing to tell me how much they enjoyed it!

I'm thinking that with the Detroit trip, and next spring's trip along US
Highway 60 east to west, along with the photography, I should have the
makings of a book.

Any ideas on how nasty the publishing world is?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | People don't like to be parameters
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | in an equation.

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Milage - book publishing)
Reply from ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Milage)