Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Mileage - book publishing
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 18:09:18 -0600

At 04:45 PM 07/09/2000 -0700, you wrote:

>In Canada a number of big name publishers are so gun shy on publishing
>the works of any author unless they are extremely well known and well
>published or our federal government is handing out a big subsidy to fund
>the printing, it's very tough getting anything of value done.

And if you are a pop singer, like Joni Mitchell or Brian Adams, you can get
a photo book published and get exhibition space because of your celebrity
status.  Better still, go on a space shuttle, like Roberta Bondar, and get
a Canada Council grant to photograph throughout Canada's national parks and
get special speaking and exhibition privileges.  Meanwhile, other
photographers do not get the fair recognition or grants that they deserve
in Canada.

Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Milage - book publishing)