Subject: [Leica] BLUG & Leica on Cape Cod.
From: ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 17:28:18 -0700

Howdy folks,

Bright and early in the morning we fly off to Boston on the other side
of the continent for a week of Leica adventure.

Opening with a smashing good gathering of the BLUG clan  at the home of
the host,   B.D. Colen and his obviously great wife Sara, ( certainly to
put up with a couple dozen Luggites she must be extra special) :-)

Tuesday a.m.  drive out to Cape Cod where the Leica Seminar 2000 begins
Wednesday evening at a wine and cheese meet and greet,  with serious
discussions beginning Thursday.   Later in the day attendees have their
pick of all kinds of Leica hardware from the latest cameras & lenses to
film for their shoot time during the following three days.

The hard part is watching grown men cry when they return a new  M 90 apo
or other lens/camera they've been using/drooling over knowing they have
to leave it and fly off home.  Now unfortunately with an incredible "I
wanta buy one!" affliction!  :-)  Terrible scene as they drag themselves
away from the return table continuing to look back over their shoulders
hoping the lens will some how follow them.  It's like a withdrawal
process!

It's quite an experience, but for a few days they can "have whatever
Leica thing that comes to mind!"  :-) And if they weren't hooked on
Leica before, they are now with a "red dot" look in their eyes! ;-)
Drooling maniacs. ;-)

That's why the closing event is a smashing dinner of lobster and good
old fashion New England clam bake,  followed by a wonderful, "Parade of
Images" sound and slide production assembled from images during the
previous days shooting.

So guys and gals I'll not be around for a week, but will give my report
Sunday, Sept. 17th when I return home. Have a good week and remember
it's the LUG not the susan whatsherface show! ;-) Think positive, think
Leica!  :-) Have a good one!

see you,
ted
Victoria, Canada