Subject: RE: [Leica] HEXAR RF vs. M5 vs. M6
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:51:22 +0100

Dante,
I see what you mean, having revisited the brochure.
Having no sprockets to drive the film, the motorised collecting spool needs
to be told when to stop rotating.
I suppose it's a moot point whether the optical/electronic route for the
Konica will be of greater longevity than the mechanical route perpetuated
by Leica. From the last 30 years of camera electronics one might be tempted
to argue in favour of the tried and trusted formula, though where would we
be without innovation?

Jem