Subject: [Leica] R8 film scratch solved!
From: weber_leou@itri.org.tw
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:00:29 +0800

I am very happy to share this to dear LUG users. Finally I seem to get rid of this
annoying film scratches after I proved it by running through two rolls of film.

The scratches are at the whole roll of film like railway when you widing and
unwinding the film. This happened in every rolls with this second-hand R8 since I
owned it for months. The lack of lubricant and collecting minute amounts of
material from dirty finger print might be the reasons to cause scratching presure plate!

What I do is spraying the 3M 5_WAY lubricant over the film presure plate,
and wipe it clear. Don't ever touch the plate with finger thereafter!

Am I lucky or is it the right way to treat the film presure plate?

Weber
Weber_Leou@itri.org.tw