Subject: [Leica] Hexar RF words
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:35:11 -0500

Just finished an assignment that I could not have done without the Hexar RF. I needed
a camera that I could shoot one-handed with a very wide angle lens. I love the 21
ASPH but can't wind, meter and fire a Leica with just the right hand (my left hand
was otherwise occupied, actually hanging on for dear life!). So I used the Hexar  and
21 ASPH prefocussed and relied on DOF. A G2 would may worked IF it had a DOF scale!

The Hexar RF worked great, AE exposures were really perfect and the easy rewind/load
was a big help as I was nearly being thrown overboard or splashed every 10-15
seconds. DX was also a nice help in that rough situation.

I later shot AE in candle light - also bang on, in a situation that always makes me
do too many extra calculations with my Leicas or other manual metering body.

If Leica had made the Hexar, it would have a PC socket and other sensible pro
features Konica forgot about, after years of making only P&S marvels. I do wish Solms
would team up with Rollei or something and produce a technologically advanced M body
that still maintains the German tradition of rangefinder perfection.

Emanuel Lowi