Subject: Re: [Leica] Forbes article on mechanical wristwatches
From: "Matt Morgan" <mattmorgan@pdseurope.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:34:58 -0800

>>Lots of cool moving parts, but you end up setting both every week.  The
standard variance for mechanicals, or so I read, as +/- fifteen seconds
per day.  That's a hell of a lot when you compare it to +/- 30 sec/month
with a one-dollar Japanese quartz movement.<<

I've had my Rolex Submariner for a dozen years now, and I absolutely love
it. However, although its long overdue a service, it's hardly ever accurate.
I forget the exact measurement, but it always gains time. But I don't mind,
taking it off and winding it is part of the tactile relationship I like with
many of my mechanical possessions.
Matt.