Subject: Re: [Leica] Forbes article on mechanical wristwatches
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:42:26 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:
><Snip>
> I'm with Matt on this: I have a Swatch mechanical automatic watch, one of
> the metal ones.  (Yeah, go ahead watch snobs, poo poo it all you like.)  It
> gains about five minutes every month and perhaps once every six weeks I
> reset it to something more in line with the rest of the planet.  But my
> philosophy is that if you need timekeeping that is accurate to two seconds
> every month in your everyday life, you're better off getting major surgury
> to remove your head from your ass before spending the money on another
> watch...
>
> Time be time, mon.
>
> M.

I shot Swatch watches for Meier and Frank here in Portland in their Studio
twelve years ago.
The had a fashion model wearing a couple dozen swatch watches sitting under an 8
ft. stuffed black Gorilla with some plastic palm trees. I think they had the
Gorilla wearing a bunch of the watches too that might have been my idea. And
this is my first day at work there! I had to put spots on that Gorilla as it
absorbed light like a sponge! And figure out how to use their flash meter and
Norman strobes all in one morning!
Then a day or two later a full page ad in the morning paper! (the Oregonian)
We used to shoot 120 or 220 plus x and they had Hasselblads (of course)
Markwr