Subject: Re: [Leica] mechanical watches
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:02:57 -0400

I've been wearing the same Seiko watch day in and day out for the last 17
years, and I've only replaced the battery about 3 or 4 times.  That's
almost battery free.  And it has a black anodized finish over titanium
base, and it looks as good as new.   Why can't this be adapted for camera
finishes?

Dan C.

At 08:16 AM 15-09-00 -0500, Emanuel Lowi wrote:
>When I bought my Tudor Submariner the dealer showed me an old Rolex
information sheet
>which explained one should store a mechanical watch flat with face up to
gain time,
>sideways with crown down to loose a little time, crown up to loose more time.
>Apparently gravity affects accuracy.
>
>My Seiko Kinetic doesn't care - really accurate always and no batteries.
If only they