Subject: [Leica] Ever Ready Case For M6
From: Denis Boisclair <denis.a.boisclair@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:19:10 +0100

Despite the tag 'never ready' given to ever ready cases I remain a long
standing enthusiast of the erc!

I have one of the soft black cases made for the M6 - expensive but
beautifully made and the best quality erc I have had for any camera. BUT-
it lacks a tripod socket and I would like to be able to use a monopod
occasionally without having to remove the case first in order to use the
camera's own socket - and  I do  concede that would be a 'never ready'
situation!!

I have been trying to discover whether an older 'M' series erc would fit
the M6, bearing in mind that apart from the M5 these cameras are  of a
similar size - please correct me if I'm wrong though!! I have tried an M3
case ( hard  brown leather)and this looks nothing like a good fit - it
is  wider than the camera body although the camera's strap lugs fill in the
space. It just doesn't look right  and the case seems too large for the
camera: before buying the M6 I looked at an M4 in a case and this did look
fine. The case had a rounded top instead of a flat top and seemed smaller
than the M3 version - it was better looking altogether.  However, it
appears that none of the pre M6 cases had any cutout for the strap lugs,
although I didn't notice the 'misfit ' appearance with the M4.

The idea of the camera body fitting well clear of the sides of the case,
but with the strap lugs being jammed against them seems rather primitive
and I wonder why Leica adopted this uncharacteristically crude
approach.Looking at my Canon SLR the top of the body half of the case
finishes below the lugs.

If any other member has looked for and found an early 'M' erc (M4
version?)which combines well with an M6 I'll be interested to hear from them.

Denis Boisclair
(Northwich, UK)

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] Ever Ready Case For M6)