Subject: Re: [Leica] .....meter....
From: Jesse Hellman <palio@miata.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 11:21:33 -0400

Gossen Luna-Pro Digital. Extremely thin, so you can even put it in a
shirt pocket. Easy to read, incident and reflected. I used a Luna -Six
for years (in US the Luna-Pro non-digital, and now also have a Minolta
(for studio work with strobes), and a Zone VI modified one degree spot
Pentax digital.

I have used the one-degree to be able to get readings in theater
productions (like a white shirt), but in street photography, travel,
general use I always have the Luna-Pro Digital. It is always useful to
have the option of an incident reading. The important thing with any
meter is to become completely familiar with it and the results. Too many
meters (and I border on that) is not a good thing.

The Luna-Pro digital also for a few buck more come as an F model, which
allows readings of strobes.The really expensive meters allow separation
of the ambient light from the strobe light, but that is of little or no
use if you don't work with strobes.

Jesse

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] .....meter....)