Subject: RE: [Leica] Features or basics
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 16:22:22 -0400

Erwin wrote:

A Null-series camera is most obviously not targeted at the sports reporter
for the Olympics. It is for the person who wishes to rediscover the style of
photography of the early twenties and is fascinated by it. It makes sense to
manufacture a camera body that forces one to do some thinking before making
a picture. If that is your style of photography? No! Fine, than the
Null-series is not for you!

- -----

Saying that the Lecia 0 is for people who wish to rediscover 20s style
photography is like saying that the M6 Gold Thailand is targeted at people
who wish to discover the challenging joys of photography with a camera
containing a precious metal.  The Leica 0 is a collector camera, the
marketing enthuses about accurate reproduction, finsih and materials.  These
are not important things to a user. I would be happily surprised if I
actually found somebody using a Leica-0, there will indeed be things to
learn without a rangefinder and with just a 50 lens. Sadly I don't think any
of them will ever have much film through them or be jammed down the front
pants pocket the way that a user Leica SM will be.

Jonathan Lee

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Features or basics)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Features or basics)