Subject: RE: [Leica] Features or basics
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:47:00 -0400

Simon wrote:

Like the man said, don't buy one then!

- ----------------

But you miss the point that marketing missteps, which I believe the Leica O
is, will have an impact on the company as a whole and will affect the
ability of Leica to invest more in the continuous improvement of the
rangefinder camera and the design of newer, better (lighter?!)lenses.  Every
$ that went into the Leica O, form its marketing, design to manufacturing
process, is a $ that has been taken away from other aspects of Leica camera.

From a business standpoint, Leica would be far better off spinning Leica
commeratives off into a separate company with its own marekting and
manufacturing costs.  I'd bet if they did that, the Leica O would sell for a
whole lot more than $2500 because the of the real costs of making and
selling the thing.

Jonathan Lee

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Features or basics)
Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Features or basics)