Subject: [Leica] Color to B&W in Photoshop (OT)
From: Christopher Hoover <hoovercd@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:26:32 -0700

>Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 08:18:08 -0700
>From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
>Subject: [Leica] Color to B&W in Photoshop (OT)

>I've got to turn some scans of color neg film into B&W digital images for a
>newsletter. What's the easiest way to make the change in Photoshop 5.5?
.>..
>Under the "image" menu, select "mode" and then select "grayscale".

Gib:

Adobe recently profied this short video clip on the use of Photoshop's Channel Mixer.
Has some good tips on converting RGB to grayscale.

http://www.adobe.com/web/tips/totalphs14/main.html

Also, keep in mind that many of the current crop of photo printers do a better job of
rendering B&W images if you do as another recommended, dropping the saturation
while keeping the image in RGB mode.

Thanks & good luck!

Chris Hoover
hoovercd@pacbell.net