Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Photokina products
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:25:27 -0400

> >You don't catch Hassleblad
> >selling 1000Fs or Nikon making F-2s again.
> >

> No, Nikon makes S3s instead. ;)
>
> -R
Yes, indeedee...at the same time they are constantly upgrading both their
"amateur" and "pro" body and lens lines with the latest state-of-the-art
features. Were there a Leica R equivalent to the Nikon F5, or F100, in terms
of AF, metering and flash abilities - to say nothing of extensive lens line,
or were there an M6 without rangefinder flare, a TTL without battery drain,
and then a Hexar-like - in terms of features, M7, I doubt anyone would be
bitching and moaning about the Lyka Oh!

B. D.

And I still love the M and still believe it's the best rangefinder body
available - and I know some of the Leica glass sets the optical standards
for 35 mm lenses for both rangefinders and reflexes.

Replies: Reply from rnkramer@mindspring.com (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Photokina products)