Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Photokina products
From: rnkramer@mindspring.com
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 13:01:54 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>

> Yes, indeedee...at the same time they are constantly upgrading both their
> "amateur" and "pro" body and lens lines with the latest state-of-the-art
> features. Were there a Leica R equivalent to the Nikon F5, or F100, in
terms
> of AF, metering and flash abilities - to say nothing of extensive lens
line,
> or were there an M6 without rangefinder flare, a TTL without battery
drain,
> and then a Hexar-like - in terms of features, M7, I doubt anyone would be
> bitching and moaning about the Lyka Oh!

Now B.D., you know good and well there is always going to be something
someone will be bitching and moaning about with a camera system!  Granted
the M6 flare problem shouldn't be happening.  Could clearly be fixed by
reverting back to the "retro" M3/4/5 RF design, but it is obviously too
expensive to do that.  For all the other so called features, just grab your
F100 and a Hexar and fire away happy in the automated motor-driven world of
high tech photography.

Leica doesn't see the need to go there anytime soon, and I tend to agree
with them.  Why is it so many people seem compelled to buy a Leica, but them
seem to hate using them, for want of some bell or whistle?

BTW, you weren't by chance be one of those dudes who spelled America
"Amerika" back in the hippie days, were you?  ;-)

Bob Kramer

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Photokina products)