Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Leica M6 should I buy?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 10:53:34 -0700

John Collier wrote:

> I have always thought that having to use glasses with a camera must be very
> frustrating. The new 0.58x finder is billed by Leica as being the solution.
> They claim the 0.58x rangefinder is accurate enough to focus the Noctilux,
> the Summilux 75 and the Summicron 90. You can get correction lenses for the
> eyepiece but then you are blind until you can get your glasses back on. I
> would hold off until you can try all three cameras side by side. All three
> cameras are compromises from the ideal and only you can decide which is best
> for you.

I'm not mathematician or physicist but I'm surprised they would have frames for
the Noctilux (which I don't got) and not for the 135 3.4 apo (which I do got -
and like)
I would think the trigonometric situation would be just as adverse,
course they wouldn't let be get NEAR trigonometry darn it!
Markwr
They need a second dioptor monocle attached to a flexible tube attached to the Hotshoe.
That way you can see what your camera is set on when you have the Dioptor in the eyepiece.

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Which Leica M6 should I buy?)
Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Which Leica M6 should I buy?)