Subject: [Leica] Re: Which Leica M6 should I buy?
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:10:48 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from mail: 17-Sep-100 Leica Users digest V18 #11 by Leica Users
digest@mejac
> I wear glasses, and I have never understood what all the fuss is
about. Perhaps
> this is because I have worn them so long (since age 9, and I am now
39), I am so

> used to them that I am not all bothered when I use my Leicas--even
when I have m
> 35mm lens on the M6HM. Somebody wrote that he had a difficult time
seeing the 50
> mm
> frame on an M3. I find that hard to imagine (yes, I have an M3 which
is more or
> less dedicated to my Noctilux).

The difficulty seeing finder edges/framelines with glasses may also have
to do with one's physiognomy (phew!). My eyes are quite deep set (small
brain behind), so there's a fairish distance between them and my
glasses. I have trouble seeing the whole scene without having to move
the eyepiece around.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh