Subject: [Leica] Re: Easiest way to convert Color to BW in PS 5.5
From: Guy Washburn/Laura Reiner <rgw@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:04:53 -0400

Duane,

Actually I have found that I get bet better tonality if I first do
image>adjust>desaturate in rgb mode before going to greyscale. Straight
to greyscale hammers the channel balance so you are probably getting
strange results if you are going back to rgb. For the Epson 1160 with
quad inks I find that it is a much easier workflow to just stay in
greyscale. What you see is truly what you get. The results are amazing.
And the files are 1/3 the size.

Guy

Duane wrote...