Subject: RE: [Leica] 35/2 ASPH and pre-ASPH BOKEH
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:25:05 -0400

> I have the last 35/2 pre-ASPH lens, made in Germany.
>
> Come on, guys, no one interested in bokeh these days?

I vaguely recollect Johnny Deadman writing about the OOF characteristics of
35mm M lenses, but can't recall if that was the 'crons or the 'luxes (might
even have been a cosina offering vs. the leica).

I'm curious about your remarks on the bokeh of the current 35/1.4 ASPH.
I've read only glowing remarks about it; I assume you've taken some
comparative shots between it and the older summicron and prefer the latter.
I'd love to see those shots if you have them scanned.

Regards,
Dan (who wishes he owned the current 'lux, good bokeh or not)