Subject: [Leica] BLUG GATHER GROUP PORTRAIT
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:13:05 -0700

Howdy Guys & Gals,

All in all I'd say we're a pretty good lookin' bunch of Leica Users! ;-)
B.D.  please tell Ben he did a very admirable job with that lot of
beauties in making them look reasonably sober, vertical and breathing! :-)

Boy what a BASH! Whew! I have to tell you when the BLUG do a Bash, they
do a Bash! No wonder the Boston Tea Party changed the course of the
western world, I have to tell you those "Bean Towners are the best!" :-)

Smoked salmon, lots of goodies, excellent single malt scotch, fine wines
and comfortable beds! Hell of a good party with Leicas, pictures and
people all over the place!

Once again I've enjoyed a face to face encounter with "real LUG people."
The warmth of a hand shake and the smile of a human being I've only
known as a name on the screen.  It truly is an interesting event to have
written someone for years, shared their lives as though we were lifelong
buddies merely through postings on a computer screen, then all of a
sudden here they are in real life!

To those who attended may I offer my heartfelt thank you for coming
along to the home of B.D. & Sara Colen so we could share a handshake we
may never do again. And if that is the case, at least when we read the
LUG we do so with a face on the screen and not just a name. And realize
there truly is a friend on the other side of that glass!

To B.D. & Sarah a very big thank you for sharing your home and
hospitality with the crew allowing for a warm location to gab away to
our hearts content about things Leica and photography.

Theses kinds of get togethers can only strengthen our resolve to keep
the LUG conversation alive and well........................  Oh yeah and
"on topic!" ; - )

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant