Subject: Re: [Leica] Incident Metering - resources needed
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:06:48 +0100

Mark

Why is the real issue knowing how much light the subject is reflecting?  The
whole point of incident metering is you dispense with vagaries of the meter
et al.  It doesn't matter how much light the subject is absorbing as long as
you know how much is falling on it.  For most general situations the
incident meter works.  Are you saying that you still make adjustments after
incident metering depending upon the reflectance of the subject?  Given you
are vastly more experienced than me in matters photographic, what type of
adjustments for what type of subjects would you make?

Simon

snip:

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] Incident Metering - resources needed)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Incident Metering - resources needed)