Subject: Re: [Leica] Incident Metering - resources needed
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:55:12 -0700

Simon,

You still have to account for subject reflectance for some extraordinary
situations. For example, an incident reading taken on a brightly lit
snowfield (or a beach) will end up giving you overexposure, because it
reflect more light than a "normal" subject, so you need to stop down a bit
more. Conversely, an incident reading taken on a black lava field on the Big
Island will give you underexposure, because it reflects less than a "normal"
subject, so you have to open up a bit. But as you say, for most subjects the
incident meter does the job.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.