Subject: Re: [Leica] Beginner B&W Question - Indoor Available Light
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:07:47 -0400

John Coan jotted down the following:

> 1.  Should I shoot t-max or tri-x?  What about the color film black and
> white type stuff?

If you're not doing your own processing, I'd suggest shooting one of the
C-41 process B&W films instead.  Ilford makes the XP-2 Super and Kodak's is
called something like TC-400N.  You can drop them off at any 1h photo place,
your 'contacts' will consist of 4x6" prints (much easier to evaluate), and
price will not be much different from developing silver B&W film and getting
a contact sheet done.  B&W processing and printing prices have gone way up
in recent years.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | iCon          iDole       iRate
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | iDeal         iDull       iMage
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | iSue          iOn         iGnorance

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Beginner B&W Question - Indoor Available Light)