Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:45:08 +0100

Joe,
My guess is that Konica could not bring themselves to launch such an
upmarket, high-priced camera and offer a screw mount. What camera (of any
repute) in the last 30 years has offered a screw mount?
Cosina are a little shrewder (sp?) than that, they pitch a cheaper camera
with an old fashioned mount, hit the retro and budget market, while
allowing their lenses (which are sometimes totally innovative) to be used
on M cameras if wanted. They care less about the reputation and more about
the practicality of both photography and sales I suspect.
Jem