Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:57:48 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/00 2:12:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jem.kime@cwcom.net writes:

<< Joe,
 My guess is that Konica could not bring themselves to launch such an
 upmarket, high-priced camera and offer a screw mount. What camera (of any
 repute) in the last 30 years has offered a screw mount?
 Cosina are a little shrewder (sp?) than that, they pitch a cheaper camera
 with an old fashioned mount, hit the retro and budget market, while
 allowing their lenses (which are sometimes totally innovative) to be used
 on M cameras if wanted. They care less about the reputation and more about
 the practicality of both photography and sales I suspect.
 Jem

So there it is.  If it ain't good enough for Konica, LTM certainly won't do
as the default mount for Leica!

Joe