Subject: Re: [Leica] 4x6 the evil size
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:33:32 +0100

I know what you mean.  I am doing much more square format work with the
Hassy now and the rectangular format is becoming less and less attractive to
me as a finished product.  I guess that is the real benefit of 6x6 format,
you can decide the shape of the finished product (provided you allowed
enough in the image area to have the choice in the first place).  Of all the
portraits that I have done with the Hassy nearly everyone has asked for the
finshed print to be in square format - it seems to convey a softer and less
formal image.

Simon

Mark Rabiner wrote

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 4x6 the evil size)