Subject: Re: [Leica] 4x6 the evil size
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:33:15 +0100

Joe

Getting a bit off topic here but I wouldn't call the Rollei TLRs 'cheap' .
I agree with your assessment of Zeiss 2.8 lenses though.  The best lens in
my house is the Hassy (Zeiss)180mm f/4 CF Sonnar, possibly one of the best
lenses ever made.

Anyway, I'll stop there since I mentioned 'Zeiss' and 'best' in the same
sentence and the last thread that did that lasted for about two months.

Simon

Joe Sobel wrote:

> In a message dated 9/19/00 5:33:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
simon@sclamb.com
> writes:
>
> << I guess that is the real benefit of 6x6 format,
>  you can decide the shape of the finished product (provided you allowed
>  enough in the image area to have the choice in the first place).  Of all
the
>  portraits that I have done with the Hassy nearly everyone has asked for
the
>  finshed print to be in square format - it seems to convey a softer and
less
>  formal image.
>   >>

> I have to confess that I have always enjoyed working with 6x6.  I still
have
> a couple of  Rollei TLR's and a Super Ikonta B - doing it on the cheap.
The