Subject: Re: [Leica] Meta Photokina
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 00:18:54 +0200

Erwin,

For once I have to disagree with some of your statements. Specifically:

> The digital segment increased from 14% to 26%, almost twice, with sales
> volume at 0.4 billion Dmark. With this rate, one can safeley predict that in
> a few years from now of every two pictures,  one will be shot with a digital
> camera.

That depends. It could well be that many digital cameras are purchased by
gadget-oriented people (I have several acquaintances in this category) who will
not take very many pictures with them once the intial fascination wears off.

>  Every person who now scans his
> analog images and prints them on an inkjet printer, will be completely
> digital in 5 years time. The hybrid road is a no-brainer!

NO! In 5 years time I will still be using my Leicas and scanning the negatives
and slides. I do expect vastly improved printing technology that will allow me
to get closer to real B&W than is currently possible. But as long as there is
film I will use it.

See you on Saturday!

Nathan
- --