Subject: Re: [Leica] Bryan Adams the singer uses a Leica
From: ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:06:14 -0700

Alastair Firkin wrote:

> G'day Ted,
>
> Well don't be too tough. His images on the Leica site look OK to me. Wish I
> had the chance to take them ;-) and don't be too worried about funding for
> breast cancer. Its a worthy cause, but is better supported than many other
> worthy medical problems, and even bad celeb. shots will probably be better
> than none. Your critic of the images is valid I will assume (since I have
> never seen the book)<<<<<<<<

Hi Alastair,
The biggest problem I have with the book is, it's such crap photography
it didn't do much for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation compared to
what it could have!

Given who the women were that posed for the book, if the photography had
of been of a "reasonable quality" the Foundation would've garnered far
more money than they did.

In other words, if the photographer had some talent with a camera, Leica
or not, the end result would have been a greater number of books sold!
ERGO!! The foundation would've had a much greater amount of money for
research! And for me that's what it was all about!!

If you haven't seen the book it's an  abominable page after page of
crap, incompetent mickey mouse photography that should never have made
it out of darkroom.

I don't care if Brian Adams is the best guitar plucker in the world and
owns one or a dozen Leicas, he can't take pictures worth shit! (Excuse
me ladies as there isn't any other way to describe this book!) It's an
insult to the women he played at being a photographer with attempting to
photograph them!

And I'd say the same thing if face to face!

And anytime he wishes some free instruction, I'll  volunteer my time to
give him  free Leica photographic lessons if he wants to learn how to
take pictures of women!

I he just lives across the water from me and I'd even go over to
Vancouver and give him free tutoring!

Does this sound like I'm ticked at this damn celeb photographer thing?
You're damn right I am, as most of the time these people can't take
pictures with a P&S! let alone a machine of the leica class!

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant