Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm, 90mm, and now 50 mm?
From: "Matt Morgan" <mattmorgan@pdseurope.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:35:14 -0800

Agreed on the 35/2 ASPH.
I got more pix back last night from the 35mm `cron and the 50mm 'lux and the
35mm shots really stand out compared to the other lens. It might just be me
so I'll have to expose a roll using all stops.
I've been using the 50mm wide open at 1.4 most of the time, and haven't
always got the critical focus right, but I'm not getting the same degree of
sharpness or brilliance as the 35mm. (Looks like I'm going to need a lot of
practice with the 75mm 1.4 that arrives in a couple of weeks.)
There's also a difference in colour and contrast that detracts from the
image.
I think I really do need a comparison for the 50's, so maybe the dealer will
let me try the 50/2 for a couple of shots. Hmmmm...I wonder how the Noctilux
compares.....
Matt.

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] 35mm, 90mm, and now 50 mm?)